Jr. Backend Developer
Database Design, Data Modelling, API and SQL queries.
Who Are We?
Skayle is a leading AI-driven Consumer Engagement and Predictive Analytics SaaS platform to Engage Customers, Gain Insights, Predict Behaviours, and Increase Sales for the F&B industry. Its cloud-based platform is designed to simplify and streamline the CRM functions of running a successful restaurant by providing true closed loop, customer lifecycle marketing, off-line to online targeting and business intelligence.
Skayle started as a small team of 6 people and has since grown to a team of 150 people in 7 offices in Asia, Australia and America. Today, over 700 brands in nine countries use Skayle’s solutions to improve interaction with customers and boost revenues. Its proprietary platform has engaged over 12.3 million consumers in 9 countries and has powered more than 5 million in-store reviews.
Who Are You?
You are a software developer with a product mindset. You are passionate about solving hard problems while often face exciting, even daunting, challenges. You love innovating, are a self-learner with a hunger for knowledge. You are brimming with ideas and not shy about sharing and trying them out. You are driven by a passion to build awesome products that make a real difference.
You will join the core product team to design and develop Mobikon’s products that are changing how restaurants run their business. As part of a small team, you’ll be involved in the entire product lifecycle from conception to prototyping to development to launch. You will be part of building a platform for interacting with third-party partners by defining APIs, managing other toolkits. You’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions and be given significant product ownership. We believe in Agile, short release cycles, and quick iterations. Like all good startups, we work hard and move fast in organized chaos; but you’ll have fun and have a big influence on the success of the company.
You Will Own:
- Write clean and maintainable backend code in Go and Scala.
- Develop automated unit and functional tests.
- Help design and architect scalable, reliable and secure web services.
- Work with third-party partners to design and develop outbound/inbound integrations.
- Research and develop new approaches to problems.
- Take start-to-finish technical ownership of features and/or applications from inception to delivery.
- Be a positive role model and mentor for junior developers in all areas of code quality.
- Do what it takes to get things done (pick up new technologies; work with front-end technologies as and when required).
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, analysis, and software design and excellent problem-solving skills.
- 0-3 years experience of building web applications with any high-level language.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs.
- Skilled in a variety of Data Stores, Database Design, Data Modelling and SQL queries.
- Experience working with services on AWS and GCP is a plus.
- Passion for code quality and automation is a big plus.
- Have strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multitask, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Fast learner; independent and self-teaching.
- Team player – ability to work cooperatively with the other engineers.