Jr. Software QA Engineer
SDLC, Testing tools & Techniques, Rational Analysis & Thinking, Communication-Written & Oral, Automation Testing.
Who Are We?
Skayle is a leading AI-driven Consumer Engagement and Predictive Analytics SaaS platform to Engage Customers, Gain Insights, Predict Behaviors, and Increase Sales for the F&B industry. It’s cloud-based platform is designed to simplify and streamline the CRM functions of running a successful restaurant by providing true closed loop, customer lifecycle marketing, off-line to online targeting and business intelligence.
Skayle started as a small team of 6 people and has since grown to a team of 150 people in 7 offices in Asia, Australia and America. Today, over 700 brands in nine countries use Skayle’s solutions to improve interaction with customers and boost revenues. Its proprietary platform has engaged over 12.3 million consumers in 9 countries and has powered more than 5 million in-store reviews.
Who Are You?
As part of a tech-driven team, you’ll be involved in the entire product lifecycle from conception to prototyping to development, QA and launch.
As part of a QA team, you’ll have to constantly innovate to reduce manual testing, increase test coverage and improve QA processes, all the while delivering on high-quality releases. You’ll have the freedom to make key product decisions and be given significant product ownership.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems.
You Will Own
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Engineering degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of manual testing (automation experience would be an added advantage).
- Strong SQL/database knowledge.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and breakthrough attitude.
- Good interpersonal and strong communication skills.