Technical Software Development Manager
Project management, SCRUM master, problem solving, excellent communication, ability to work unsupervised, self-driven, manage multiple projects
Who Are We?
Skayle is a leading ‘AI-driven Consumer Engagement and Predictive Analytics SAAS’ platform to engage customers, gain insights, predict spending and buying patterns, and increase sales for the F&B industry. It’s cloud-based platform is designed to simplify and streamline the CRM functions of running a successful restaurant by providing true closed loop, customer lifecycle marketing, off-line to online targeting and business intelligence.
Skayle started as a small team of 6 people and has since grown to a team of 150 people in 7 offices in Asia, Australia and America. Today, over 700 brands in nine countries use Skayle’s solutions to improve interaction with customers and boost revenues. Its proprietary platform has engaged over 12.3 million consumers in 9 countries and has powered more than 5 million in-store reviews.
Who Are You?
You are a world-class hands-on Software Development Manager who has lead high caliber engineering teams. You have managed senior & junior engineers to ensure product features & releases are delivered on time with the highest levels of quality.
As a Technical Software Development Manager, you will handle and maintain the whole engineering team for development, along with coding and review them as changes in architecture. You shall be closely helping them in developing their careers and providing them responsibilities according to their competencies. As a SDM, you will be involved with all the other departments to have timely release of products in consideration with the quality.
You Will Own:
- Manage and grow the engineering team that is responsible for our product/platform development.
- Be very hands-on; the job will involve about 20%-30%of coding in Scala, REST web services and related technologies.
- Actively participate in code reviews, and in design and architecture decisions.
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Collaborate with the CTO, Lead Architect on technology strategy, clearing technical debt etc.
- Introduce and guide the team to an Agile based software development & release process, and implement constant improvements.
- Work with Product Management, Technical Support, CTO, CEO Staff &business teams to identify user stories and ensure timely release of products/features with highest quality.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in computer science.
- At least 6 years of professional work experience in software product and platform development, with management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS platforms and software products that are built for high volume transaction processing.
- Strong technical skills in Java or Python stacks; along with RDBMS and/or No SQL DBs.
- Good understanding of performance and security architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to design customer focused, architecturally robust, solutions that provide best in class software experiences for our users.
- Experience in CI/CD lifecycle using Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Excellent people & conflict resolution skills; positive and can-do attitude.
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Startup experience is a huge bonus.